Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Season of Gratitude

Well- again I have fallen off of the blogging train, but once more I will jump back on and vow to do better. I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving. I know I sure did. We spent the day with Brett's family this year. The food was amazing and I have to admit, I didn't even have room for desert. It's OK, don't worry about me. I took some of my Pumpkin Cheesecake home so I ate it the next day:) My sis came over and stayed with us that night. Her and I and Brett started our Black Friday shopping at Walmart at midnight and got home about 9:00 AM. We hit lots of stores and got lots of great deals! I am happy to say I am pretty much done Christmas shopping! I am so excited because now I can focus on a more Christ centered holiday.

The last few weeks I have focused alot on Gratitude. I think it all started with our Stake Conference. It really is amazing what an attitude of gratitude can do for you. So, since this is basically my journal-I thought I would share a few of the things I am grateful for. Mind you-- this is only a few. I could go on and on.

I am so thankful for my amazing husband. I know I've said it before but I will say it again. We have so much in common. I love that he loves to go shopping with me. I love that he is a clean freak!!(this is totally to my advantage). I love that we think the same things at the same time all the time. I am so glad that he has the patience to put up with me all the time. I am so grateful that he is mine forever and we will always be together :)



I am grateful for my family. Yeah- we may be a little quirky-- but I love them! I am grateful to my parents for always putting up with me and for making me who I am. I am thankful for Heath--for teaching my how to stick up for myself(isn't that what big brothers are for. I am thanful for Dustin for always making me laugh. I am thanful for Brock for his example of service. He is on a mission in Canada and I am so proud of him. And I am so thankful Heavenly Father finally sent me a sister. I love hanging out with Amber and even though we are 12 years apart we couldn't be closer.

I am grateful for chocolate! I know it cheesy but its the truth. Lovin these babies!


and don't forget these-




I am grateful for my toothbrush! What other tool do you use 3-4 times a day?


I am grateful for books!! I love to read. I really love to read in the tub- or by a fireplace on a cold day.

I am grateful for pictures. It is another weird thing- but to me pictures are memories! I remember going to my grandma's when I was little and I always wanted her to get out her boxes of pictures so I could look at them. I would spend hours looking at them.

I am grateful for my job- I am one of the lucky few that can actually say I love what I do.

I am thankful for our cat Izzy. She loves us so much. We always say she is our baby until we get a baby. I love how patient and forgiving animals can be.


I am so grateful for adoption. Even though we haven't adopted yet, I can't believe how much adoption has alreadly changed my life. It has given me such a different perspective on so many different things. It has even given my oppurtunites I wouldn't have been able to have. Tonight for example- we were able to attend a fireside by Micheal McLean. He did it specifically on adoption. The songs and words shared were amazing and just what I needed to hear. At the end we were able to talk personally to him and he gave us some personal advice. Then he gave me a hug. I was so thankful to be there and the spirit I felt. Adoption has given me such a different perspective on birth parents. They are so strong and I love them for that. I am also greateful for the people I have been able to meet thru adoption. Friendships have been formed that I would never have had without this process. So basically I guess you can say I am grateful for my trials. As hard as they are, they also help me to see how much Heavenly Father loves me. They help me become who he wants me to be and who he knows I can be.

There is so much more to be grateful for, but I will stop there for now. I hope you take some time to think of the things you are grateful for this time of year. I know if you do-- you will see all the blessings we have been blessed with!

No comments:

Post a Comment