Saturday, May 7, 2011

Long Beach

It's finally time to try to catch this here blog up. See why I am horrible at keeping a journal. I do good and then I get behind and I start procrastinating. But here goes my attempt to get somewhat up to date. Last month started off with Brett and I taking a 10 day vacation to California. I had a coding conference in Long Beach so we decided to take some extra time to see the sites and enjoy some sun(hopefully).

Our hotel was the Hyatt which is downtown Long Beach. It was right near Belmont Pier, tons of fun shopping, and right on the track of the Grand Prix which was to take place right after we left town. The first day we arrived the temp was 8o degrees and I was in heaven!! The next couple days were a little cloudy but I was in class so no biggie. We found a fabulous little mexican resteraunt right on the waterfront called Tequilla Jacks. We liked it so much that we ate their twice! Yummy!

We got to hear and see the sights and sounds of the Grand Prix. I can't believe how loud it really is in person- and how fast they drive! We were also walking distance from the Queen Mary. Brett was reading all the literature how some people believe it is haunted so I didn't jump at the chance to take a tour--maybe next time. Here are a few pics of our stay in Long Beach---











No comments:

Post a Comment